The Burtrum City Council meeting was called to order at 7pm on Tuesday, July 6, 2021 by Mayor Ron Strassburg.
In attendance was Ron Strassburg, Kevin Rohde, Sharon Erickson, Sara Macho, Mitchell Bruggenthies and Laura Horvath.
Minutes from the June 7, 2021 meeting were read and approved by a motion made by Mitchell Bruggenthies and seconded by Kevin Rohde, upon vote motion was carried and minutes were accepted.
Next the finance report was read and approved; and the city discussed current bills/invoices and a motion made by Sharon Erickson and seconded by Sara Macho, finance report was accepted, and bills paid.
City discussed old/new business-
New Business:- Heritage Days will be held Aug 28-29, 2021.
– City accepted contractor bid for cement slab outside of hall
– City approved 3 tables to be put outside the hall
– Check the City Hall calendar to book your events, days are filling up quick
Old Business: – Recap on Natural Gas: due to continued interest:
– There is still quite a bit of interest in bringing Natural gas to Burtrum – The City has spoken to Greater Gas on several occasions, and they said there are not enough businesses or houses to justify running a line through the city.
-It would take 2.1 miles of line to come through town, which is 13,000 feet, the cost would be $85,000 in revenue just to run the line –They would need 40 houses to commit to converting.
– the breakdown per household or business is $2,000 – this cost does not include converting your appliances to natural gas. So until we can get more houses or businesses in town to commit, Greater Gas will not even take our calls.
Public Notice: Our Board Meeting in August will be held on August 9, 2021; this is the second Monday in August, please mark your calendars of this change.
Since no further topics needed to be addressed the meeting was adjourned with a motion made by Sara Macho and seconded by Mitchell Bruggenthies, upon vote motion carried and meeting was adjourned.
These are unapproved minutes
City Clerk Laura Horvath