On February 14, at 3:30 p.m., the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office responded to a fire at the address of 33431 220th Street in Lake Henry Township.
The fire was in a shed owned by Karl Schlangen, 61, of Lake Henry. A relative who lives just to the west of this address noticed a large amount of smoke at Schlangen’s address. When the relative investigated the source of the smoke, he found Schlangen’s detached garage fully engulfed. The relative contacted Schlangen, who was not home when the fire started.
The Lake Henry Fire Department and Paynesville Ambulance also responded to the call. The Lake Henry Fire Department quickly extinguished the fire. The detached double garage was a total loss. The fire started from a wood stove inside the garage and spread to other items in the garage, including a 1999 Ford F250. Several other objects near the garage were also damaged or destroyed.