St. Stephen Building Fire

0
178

July 27, 2019 – Smoldering cow manure and hay are believed to be the cause of building fire.

Victor Legatt, 62, of St. Stephen was stacking cow manure in a building when it began to smolder. Round bales of grass hay from last year were also in this building. Mr. Legatt believes the hay helped the smoldering of the manure and started the fire.

No animals or other equipment were in this building. The damage to the building appears to be moderate; however, numerous hay bales were ruined.

Stearns Electric was called to the scene as well as St. Stephen, St. Joseph and Avon Fire Departments.

Comments

comments