According to Sheriff Don Gudmundson, the fire started in a child’s bedroom. It is believed blankets caught on fire from a heater. The fire was contained to this bedroom and extinguished.
Both parents and all three children made it out of the house. A 2 ½-year-old toddler was in the bedroom where the fire started and was treated for smoke inhalation. The toddler was later released to their parents.
The Fire Marshall was contacted and the fire is under investigation.
Albany Fire Department, Avon Fire Department and Gold Cross Ambulance responded to the fire.