On 04/04/18 at approximately 4:25 a.m., the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call of a structure fire located at 28420 Sauk Valley Road in St. Martin Township. A small barn was partially engulfed in flames. The St. Martin Fire Department was dispatched to the address.
As the homeowner was getting ready for work, he heard cattle being noisy. He looked outside and saw a red glow in the barn. The homeowner attempted to extinguish the fire with a fire extinguisher. The small barn housed several goats, chickens, and miscellaneous tools and lawn equipment. The homeowners believe a homemade goat hut caught fire. Both homemade goat huts contained heat lamps. The homeowners believe all of the goats and chickens were saved. The barn is believed to be a total loss. There were no injuries reported.